With her 90-foot length she is a classic boat, offering intimacy and charm. She is particularly well-suited for your film or research project and ideal for hosting individual or small group charters. She actually boasts a larger working deck than her bigger sisters Sea Hunter and Argo, due to smaller interior common areas. But she is by no means lacking in comfort, as her seven guest cabins offer equal or even superior space to those of our larger vessel, the Sea Hunter.
Originally built in Florida in 1968 for Perry Oceanographic, she was employed for 20 years as a research vessel and submarine support boat, working primarily in the Bahamas and the Caribbean.
After acquiring this notable boat, we spent five months rebuilding and refurbishing her from stem to stern. Already a capable and well-proven research vessel, the Undersea Hunter was modified to include six new cabins that accommodate up to 14 passengers and was fitted with conveniences that surpass all expectations. The newly added zero-speed stabilizers are sure to make your stay on-board even more enjoyable.
Undersea Hunter has completed hundreds of research and photographic missions, including the Deep Rover Project with Dr. Sylvia Earle. Her film pedigree is long and goes back to her participation as a film support boat during the shooting of the James Bond movie 'License to Kill' and also has included various IMAX movies.
With a fuel capacity of 40 tons and water tankage of 26 tons, her blue water capability is almost unlimited. Under the guiding hands of Avi Klapfer and Yosy Naaman, the Undersea Hunter is dedicated to bringing civilized comfort to delightfully uncivilized locations like Cocos Island.
Double Cabin, with one queen size bed.
This cabin includes: Personal hanging lockers, shelves, drawers and hanging hooks. A private bathroom equipped with 110-volt outlets suitable for your electronic equipment. It is air-conditioned and carpeted throughout with 3 circular portholes.
- Double Cabin
Twin Cabin, with one queen size and one twin size bed.
This cabin includes: Personal hanging lockers, shelves, drawers and hanging hooks. A private bathroom equipped with 110-volt outlets suitable for your electronic equipment. Individual air-conditioning control and carpeted throughout with a circular porthole.
- Twin Cabin
- Length: 90 ft (28 Mts.)
- Beam: 24 ft (7.4 Mts.)
- Draft: 8 ft (2.5 Mts.)
- Displacement: 180 tons
- Construction: Steel with teak work deck
- Engines: Twin Caterpillar 240 hp (Total 480 HP)
- Cruising Speed: 9 knots
- Maximum Speed: 9.5 knots
- Range: 6,000 nautical miles
- Endurance: 24 days
- Tenders: One 25 ft. heavy duty fiberglass dive boats One 22 ft. heavy duty fiberglass dive boats One 17 ft. rigid bottom inflatable
- Generators: Two 65 kW and one 5 kW portable
- Available Voltage: 110/208 VAC 12-24 VDC
- Fuel Tankage: 8,000 Gallons (normal operation)
- Water Tankage: 6,000 Gallons (1,800 gallons/day water maker)
- afety: Full safety equipment as per Costa Rica and the International Maritime Bureau (IMB) requirements. Comprehensive emergency first aid kit, Emergency oxygen kit for 3 persons, 18 Mini Personal Diver Locator EPIRB
- Scuba Compressors: Two 13 cfm electric
- Scuba Tanks: 4 air and 24 nitrox aluminum 80 cu/ft. tanks 2,200 cu/ft. high-pressure storage bank
- Technical Diving: Full oxygen, nitrox and rebreather service (passengers must bring their own rebreathers)
- Electronics: 3 GPS (Global Positioning Systems), 2 Furuno Radars (64 and 36 Miles), 2 VHF radios, 3 handheld VHF radios, 2 depth Sounders, Autopilot SSB radiotelephone: SEA 222, Radio Direction Finder: SIMRAD Satellite phone, Multi-system television, DVD player and CD stereo.
- Miscellaneous: 15-ton deck mounted crane, 38 ft. by 24 ft. (11m by 7.4 m) work deck space, fully equipped workshop with arc-welding and oxy-acetylene equipment/supplies, 16 personal dive gear boxes 15 personal camera lockers with Stabilized and surge protected 110v outlets Air conditioning throughout the vessel, Sundeck and lounge chairs, Washer and dryer, Refrigerator and ice machine.
- Specialized Equipment: Large deck-mountable Pro-Lab consisting of a 10 ft. x 10 ft. self-contained specialized movie/video camera workstation, and dedicated work tools, fully air-conditioned
Call us today on +31 858 771 583